Monday 10 August 2009

Music Monday on Empty Streets: Chris Daughtry


Last week while I was browsing through my peep's Music Monday, I saw an article on Chris Daughtry singing Lady Gaga's Poker Face and was very impressed with his rendition. So I was compelled to do a little more research on this amazing singer and found a lot of interesting facts about him.

Here are the things that I have found:

Christopher Adam "Chris" Daughtry (born December 26, 1979) is an American rock guitarist, singer and songwriter. He was the fourth-place finalist on the highly publicized fifth season of American Idol, eliminated from the competition on May 10, 2006. He is the lead vocalist and guitarist of the alternative rock band Daughtry.

After his fallout from Idol, his band was given a record deal by RCA Records. Their self-titled debut album sold more than 1 million copies after just 5 weeks of release, becoming the fastest selling debut rock album in history. In its ninth week of release, the album reached number one on the Billboard charts. Chris Daughtry is now the third most successful American Idol contestant in terms of record sales, only behind Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood who both won their respective seasons. He is the most successful contestant, in terms of record sales, from his season and the most successful non-winner or non-runner up. At the 50th Grammy Awards, the band was nominated for Best Rock Song for "It's Not Over".

Aside from that here are some quick facts to further entice you to listen some more :)
When did you first start to sing?

I seriously started when I was 16 or 17.

Do you have any formal singing training?

None at all.

What other talents do you have?

I'm an artist (drawing, painting, etc.).

If you don't make it on AMERICAN IDOL, what will you do?

I will continue to pursue my music and live my life with my family.

What are your personal goals in life?

To have a successful marriage and be a good father. To have a long-lasting career in music.

What album would your friends be surprised you own?

Richard Marx.

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?

That's a tough one.

Do you have any rituals or things you do each time you perform?

I do push ups and vocal exercises.

Most embarrassing moments?

I was taking photos with my first band and my leather pants ripped and my butt was showing. It was great.

What has been your proudest moment in life so far?

Teaching my son to ride a bike. Making it to the top 24.

If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?

I'd like to be a piano player.

What is your definition of an AMERICAN IDOL?

Someone who works hard. A good entertainer.

Who is your favorite judge and why?

All of them.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

I wanted to be a martial arts film star when I was a teenager.

How has this changed your life?

I'm living my dream now.

Do you have any lucky charms?

My wife.

Who are your heroes in life?

My wife.

What's been your toughest obstacle in life?

Fatherhood. Very challenging.

Do you think the audition process was fair?

Yes.

If you win, who will you thank first?

God, then my wife, and so on and so on.

Here is a single from Chris Daughtry for you to listen to and enjoy :)

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.




PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment