Sunday 27 January 2013

Budget Tablet: Full Review of Kata T2 8" Tablet

With the success of their last year's model, Kata T1 7" Tablet, Kata has now released a worthy budget tablet successor called the Kata T2 which sports an 8" Full touch display and an upgraded cpu and gpu chip that makes gaming and browsing fast and easy. They also used Google Android's latest mobile OS the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1, which makes Kata T2 quite a power house.

Here is the summary of it's specs:

Platform:Android v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
Dimension (H x W x D):203 x 153 x 9.9mm
Weight:445g
Display:8" Full-Touch Display (1024 x 768 pixels)
Processor:1.6GHz Dual Core
Quad Core GPU
Memory:Internal: 8GB (RAM: 1GB DDR3)
External: Support microSD card, up to 32GB
Color:Black
Camera:5.0 Mega-pixel Camera
2.0 Mega-pixel Front Camera
Support Format:Audio: MP3 / AAC / OGG / FLAC
Video: MKV / MPG / MP4 / AVI
Battery:Playback time: 10 hours
Standby time: 336 hours
Capacity: 4100mAh
Connectivity:Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
GPS
HDMI:Mini HDMI

The Kata T2 is quite a sturdy and well built device that one would most likely not think it cost roughly about $200. The Kata T1 was something that I would recommend as a buy for those wanting to give something special for their kids but now with the Kata T2 it is not hard to recommend even the power users to take a shot at this device and see how it performs.

In terms of display it pretty much rivals the display quality of that of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 which makes it quite pleasant to look at though not as good as the screen quality as that of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. In terms of performance and speed, the Kata T2 really holds its own against the top brands and can play many of the high end games without a glitch and with Jelly Bean backing up its hardware, everything is as what Google promised of a machine that is fine tuned with their software, the Kata T2 is quite buttery smooth and pleasant to use.
The Kata T2 uses a roughly uses the stock Jelly Bean android so you'll be enjoying the full unadulterated experience of the the latest Android Software without much of the common bloatware you'd find on other tablets. Battery life it pretty much average lasting pretty much well over a day of moderate to heavy usage with its 4100mAh battery. It also has support for GPS making applications like MapFactor Navigation work extremely well.

In terms of camera, though it now supports 5MP which is quite an upgrade to the previous KATA T1's 2MP rear camera, the picture quality isn't something to be too ecstatic about, though with good lighting does dish out pretty decent shots and videos. The front facing camera though is quite a pleasant surprise with 2MP for video calling and those self-portrait shots most people love to take of themselves from time to time.

WiFi connection is also much better compared to the previous Kata T1, which I have to say isn't bad at all, just now this one is at par with most mid-range to high end branded tablet models out there.

Overall, the Kata T2 8" Tablet is quite an eye-candy both in and out and at the current price tag of $200  it is pretty tempting. Would I recommend this right off the bat? most likely it would be on the top three of the best budget tablet choices out there for the year. The only issue you might encounter is finding the right casing for it though there are many gadget accessory shops out there that I am sure can produce a pretty good option for the Kata T2, should you ever decide to purchase one. Again, if this is what you choose I would have no doubt that you'd love it from first glance.

Till Next Time...

-Metz-

No comments:

Post a Comment