Wednesday 6 May 2009

Wellness Wednesday on Empty Streets: Benefits of Massage

I love getting a good massage on a regular basis. I personally have found that if I have a cold or a fever and I would get a massage, the fever or cold would go away almost over night(best to get the go signal from a therapist first if you have these conditions). I also enjoyed the fact that when am stressed and someone massages my head the stress goes away. So with all that I thought it was all purely mental. But after going through some stuff over the internet I have discovered that it is true that it does relax the mind but it affects people much more than one would expect.

Here is a summary of what I have found about the benefits of massage therapy:

The Health Benefits of Massage

* Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.

* Massage reduces tension and anxiety.

* Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.

* Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.

* Massage prevents and relieve muscles cramps and spasms.

* Massage therapy can also help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.

For those that are learning about how to give a good massage here is a video to help you get started:


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment