Saturday 31 October 2009

Food Friday on Empty Streets: Lebanese Garlic Sauce

Garlic Sauce is one of my favorite sauces to make. I grew up with garlic as a child since I lived most of my life in the Middle East where garlic is a main part of almost every dish. I had a lot of Lebanese friends back then since I was a regular customer of their shawarma shops and some of them shared their garlic sauce secrets. I played around with their recipes and here is what came out as my version which a lot of my friends here love to use as part of their daily meals. Just remember to brush your teeth after eating :)

Ingredients:
7 pieces of garlic, minced
1/2-1 c. yogurt
1 t.-1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. mayonnaise

Procedure:
Blend all garlic sauce ingredients together and add just enough salt to taste till the consistency is semi liquid. You can add other spices such as thyme, black pepper or basil to add more variations to the garlic sauce.
(the number of garlic that you would need to put can be adjusted depending on how much kick you want your sauce to have :)

Garlic sauce is great as a dip for any fried delicacy especially if they require garlic. Use pita bread or your favorite chips.

Here is a cool video variation of the Garlic Sauce recipe that I found on Youtube that you can try:


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment