Tuesday 3 July 2012

Have something of interest? Pin it with Pinterest

I was just recently introduced to a website that allows you to pin the images and articles of the things you would most likely be interested in - Pinterest.com. Aside from the pinning of what you like for later viewing, it allows you to also check out the other interests of friends and people from across the globe too. A cool feature that I like about it is the ease at which one can "Pin" articles both on your Twitter and Facebook page for easy sharing of your thoughts with friends and family. In the short sense it really makes Pinning something quite fun.

I was honestly a bit skeptical at first, but since a very good friend of mine said that I could find a lot of inspiring things to check out and possibly write about since there are times when I would feel the writer's block creeping in. True enough, I just typed a few words on the search tab (wasn't even a member yet) and viola!! all the cool images of things that were related to the key words I typed. It would seem that one would first think of going through google images to do the same, but how the images are presented and the personalized comments of why they were pinned by people in the first place made it quite an interesting read. True enough, the dark clouds of my writer's block started lifting and now am just brimming with ideas on what to write about.

To whom should I recommend this cool site to? most likely everyone that is into travel, arts, graphic media, consumer goods and feedback, writers, sports enthusiasts, gadget people, etc... I guess in short I would most likely recommend it to everyone that is more or less visual :)

There is also a version of Pinterest in the Apple store, for android though it isn't available as of this writing.

Enough said, for now I strongly encourage everyone to check it out, and also try to find me there

Till then...

-METZ-

No comments:

Post a Comment