Monday 2 February 2009

Music Monday on Empty Streets: Featuring Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart



I had a very strange music request from a reader just recently who has asked to be kept anonymous but has passionately asked me to feature his favorite artist of all time. - Wolgang Amadeus Mozart.



Yup, I being a natural giver definitely said yes to the topic and am grateful that someone has yet again voiced out what they wanted to hear and see. Now I know a lot of you might think why Mozart? my answer is why not? :) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or Mozart as he more popularly known as is a genius and is definitely someone whose work and magic with music very few can rival even up to this day and age. Now I had to admit that as I did my research into his history and the kind of music he made I was amazingly left frozen in amazement after I started to hear for myself what he has done and right now am listening to everything about Mozart I can get. I literally had to stop what ever research I was conducting at that moment because I was so drawn into the mystery of the music - It was stimulating to the mind and the senses. If you never felt music before you are sure to feel it with his compositions.



However, before I show you what I am listening to here are some cool facts about the Master of Composition Mr. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:

Mozart showed prodigious ability from his earliest childhood in Salzburg. Already competent on keyboard and violin, he composed from the age of five and performed before European royalty; at seventeen he was engaged as a court musician in Salzburg, but grew restless and traveled in search of a better position, always composing abundantly. Visiting Vienna in 1781 he was dismissed from his Salzburg position and chose to stay in the capital, where over the rest of life he achieved fame but little financial security. The final years in Vienna yielded many of his best-known symphonies, concertos, and operas, and the Requiem. The circumstances of his early death have been much mythologized. He was survived by his wife Constanze and two sons.

Mozart always learned voraciously from others, and developed a brilliance and maturity of style that encompassed the light and graceful along with the dark and passionate—the whole informed by a vision of humanity "redeemed through art, forgiven, and reconciled with nature and the absolute". His influence on all subsequent Western art music is profound. Beethoven wrote his own early compositions in the shadow of Mozart, of whom Joseph Haydn wrote that "posterity will not see such a talent again in 100 years"
Now with that out of the way let's get on with his music so you would know exactly what I was talking about. Now for you to enjoy this I strongly recommend you turn up the volume of your speakers, sit back on a comfortable chair and enjoy the music:

MOZART Esultate Jubilate Fleurange BELLOMO SALOMONE Singing


- Watch the top videos of the week here

Mozart " Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" Allegro


Mozart " Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" Allegro - The funniest videos are a click away

Essential Mozart :Flute and Harp Concerto in C


Essential Mozart :Flute and Harp Concerto in C - Watch today’s top amazing videos here



Hope you guys had fun today I know classical music is something in the days of long ago but you have to admit there are geniuses like Mozart whose music has long surpassed the test of time. Till the next post. xoxo

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.





Photobucket

Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment