Friday 29 January 2010

Food Friday: Devil's Food Cake


I was asked in the office by Joan G. to see if I can find an easy Devil's Food Cake recipe. I told her I would try as this isn't something I have tried cooking myself and that if ever I would be learning as I go along. So for today I let my fingers do the walking and I have found the best link that can teach us how to actually make the tasty pastry that I am sure will satisfy the people that we love this coming Valentine's Day.

Luckily enough I found a blog that has this recipe and from the looks of things it seems quite easy to make. Check it out at: Epicurious - Devil's Food Cake Recipe

In the meantime here are the things you need to ensure that you have in your grocery list:
Baking/Nuts/Spices
all purpose flour 1 and 1/2 cups
baking soda 1 and 1/4 teaspoons
powdered sugar 2 cups
sugar 1 and 1/4 cups
unsweetened chocolate 2 ounces
unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 cup
unsweetened cocoa powder 2 tablespoons (approx)
vanilla 1 tablespoon

Oils and Vinegars
vegetable oil 2/3 cup
Dairy
buttermilk 1 cup
eggs 2
sour cream 2/3 cup
unsalted butter 1 stick

Now if you are like me, where I need a visual tutor at times to learn how to make things I found this cool youtube video by the myanonymousblog.com that is both entertaining and easy to follow.

Hopefully we all learned a lot from these sources as I know I have. Will update you on my personal blog at Metz's Secret Garden if I was successful at this attempt :) Till then, Happy Weekend everyone. :) xoxo

Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment