Wednesday 6 January 2010

Travel Thursday: Vietnam

I have only been to Vietnam once, but I have to say it is a very beautiful place to visit. I had thoughts about the Vietnam war before going, thinking of all the destruction that was has done to the country and its people, however, when I got to see it for myself it wasn't at all like what I have seen on tv. The amount of history and culture in the place was overwhelming and enticing. I loved the shopping too. Like in Thailand where you can get a lot of bargain goods, Vietnam offers the same things at sometimes even lower the price. Of course it is still important to get a guide to show you around or a handy map that is very easy to read as one can easily get lost in this place but no worries as the locals are very helpful and even if they don't speak English well they try their hardest to still get the message across.

If you want to know more about Vietnam and even get a sample itinerary simply visit Lonely Planet Asia

Here is more about Vietnam:


Bookmark and Share
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment