Saturday 17 January 2009

Sports Saturdays on Empty Streets: Featuring Ahn Jung-Hwan

I have gotten a special email request from a Korean Soccer fan to feature their Favorite Korean Soccer Star Ahn Jung-Hwan after they saw my article on David Beckham last Saturday. I have to admit since I love my readers and friends so much I of course complied. So to get things started let me provide you with the tidbits for the Korean Soccer Star Ahn Jung-Hwan.

Ahn Jung-Hwan, born on January 27, 1976 in Paju, Gyeonggi, is a South Korean football player; he made world headlines by scoring the winning golden goal for Korea against Italy in the 2002 World Cup second round, sending Korea into the quarterfinals. He currently plays as attacking midfielder or foward with K-League's Busan I'Park.

He is currently the leading World Cup scorer in Asia with 3 goals

Another Fun trivia about Jung-Hwan is sometimes called "the Lord of the Ring" by Korean fans. He got this nickname by kissing his wedding ring after every goal he scores.

Jung-Hwan is also noted for his model-like looks and has appeared in numerous makeup ads

And of course just to show you what ads he has been here are two of his most popular ones:



He is really a very good player and quite a crowd candy too. I do hope that you enjoyed this little trivia along with all his Korean Fans. Till the next time xoxo.
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment