Thursday 8 January 2009

Travel Thursdays on Empty Streets: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

If there is one place that I would love to come back and visit in a heart beat it would be Kota Kinabalu of Malaysia. I got to know about this wonderful place through a friend that I had been going with to the different beaches of the Philippines and was mentioned to me because of my sudden desire to learn diving and where it would be the most fun to do so. Since we have been around a lot of places in the Philippines he recommended Malaysia and specifically Kota Kinabalu. What surprised me the most was that it was a lot cheaper to go to Kota Kinabalu from the Philippines than it was for a local flight to Boracay. We took the Tiger Airways from Manila(Clark) to Kota Kinabalu and amazingly it only cost less than $110 for a two way ticket. We also researched on places to stay and found out that there are many choices to choose from once we hit the destination, ranging from the rather luxurious to that for the budget conscious.

Upon arriving at Kota Kinabalu I had to say i fell in love with the place. The people were like people here in the Philippines but the surrounding area was prestine. When I finally got to the beach it was crystal clear waters. Snorkling was first on my agenda when I arrived and the beauty of the fish and corals were all so well preserved. You can Imagine how Scuba Diving was like by the time we got around to doing so.

Overall, if you happen to be within the area try and check out what this place has to offer. If you are on a business trip take time over the weekend to experience this refreshing place. Believe me you wont regret it. The place in itself reminded me of the movie by Leonardo DiCaprio "The Beach".

Here is a video of what you can expect to see in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia with the Hotel me and my friend stayed in.


Hope you enjoyed this travel article. Till the next adventure, xoxo
Photobucket
Free Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment